NEW YEAR 2022

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by vwnate1, Jan 2, 2022.

1. 52wasp

52wasp Member

On a peripheral tangent... the SINGLE most important thing you need to beat the big C... is a positive attitude. A very good friend of my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer (the "don't buy any green bananas" level of cancer)... she kept a GREAT outlook, and leaned heavily on her faith... and today she is in remission and cancer FREE.

Whatever it takes to get you through...

vwnate1 likes this.
  2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I'm finding it harder and harder to keep my good outlook on life these days .

3. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Nate,
    If you find yourself having a dark day, might I offer to cheer you up by saying for ALL the years I have been on this Forum, you have ALWAYS had solid advice for every AD'er with a question? Think of ALL the AD's on the road today that have benefited from your wisdom! While I live just 2 towns away from a place you used to call home, we have never met. But I hope one day we do, and I will by you a cup of coffee, or whatever your beverage of choice happens to be as a small token of my appreciation.

Thank you,
    Mike

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thank you Mike ;

I didn't expect to live this long truth be told .

This isn't how I'd hoped retirement to be .

I am well pleased anyone ever was helped by my free (and worthless) advice .

All my days are dark these days, I have little to live for anymore .

? Do you ever go to East Rindge ? The Cathedral Of The Pines perhaps ? .

I used to go into Winchendon, Mass. to get my hair cut, other times Jaffery, N.H. .

I keep hoping someone will resurrect Wilton Electronics, he did stellar work making solid state voltage regulators for vintage vehicles .

5. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Nate,
    I have been to the Cathedral of the Pines, a number of years ago, a good friend of mine was married there, and I recorded the service for him and his lovely bride.
    I also drove past it again a week ago, on my way to Fitzwilliam NH.

I think Wilton Electronics will remain but a memory. Bob was the heart and soul of the business, it died with him. May he Rest in Peace.

vwnate1 likes this.
  6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I have very fond memories of Sunday mornings at The Cathedral of The Pines, it's very different now, used to be jam packed every Sunday and the glorious view of the Contoogook Valley (SP ?) was one more gift from God .