title for 50's pickup

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Charles Wilhite, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Charles Wilhite

Charles Wilhite Member

I'm very new to the group but hope you all are willing to answer my question.

I live in Texas and am looking at a 52 Chevy that is mounted on a 98 s-10 frame. The vehicle is running but has not been titled. The current owner says the truck can be titled using the frame number on the s-10. Is this possible or do I need to do more in order to register it for driving? Thank you

vwnate1 likes this.
  2. booger

booger Member

Bonded title application or tax collector hearing statement of fact(form VTR-130-STF) , drivers license, and $15 fee .
    Just found on the google machine , good luck

vwnate1 likes this.
  3. Charles Wilhite

Charles Wilhite Member

I took a look at the truck. Some folks don't accurately describe their vehicle. This one was advertised as rust free. Unfortunately, it was a rust bucket. I will continue to look for the right truck!

vwnate1 likes this.
  4. Chiro

Chiro Member

Get paper when you find "The" truck. It will save a lot of headaches. In NY (where I used to live) it was easy to get paper on a project vehicle. All you had to do was own it for a year, take a picture of the VIN, fill out the proper forms (which the previous owner must sign as well) and bring it all to DMV. A non-transferrable registration is given whilst they research the VIN. Two weeks later, the title comes in the mail. Have done it several times. Other states...not so easy from what I've heard so get paper when you get a truck.
    Andy

vwnate1 likes this.
  5. coilover

coilover Member

DO NOT TITLE IT BY THE FRAME!!! The only time a customer got in trouble was when I followed the DVM rules and titled a 51 GMC pickup as a 74 Cadillac which is the chassis it's on. Title it as to WHAT THE COP SEES WITH HIS EYES. You live next to Oklahoma so do a search for "Oklahoma Title 42 Law" and follow the instructions. Have done dozens with zero kickback on cars, trucks, planes, motor homes, motorcycles, boats and the list goes on. It is completely legal but do not pick the cheapest service as there are scammers. I use one with a wrecker service and impound lot---$225. If you know someone with an impound lot you can put it in a sheriffs auction and get a much cheaper title in a shorter time. That title is so bullet proof even the IRS can't touch it.

6. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Congrats on your recent surgery & recovery Evan.

7. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

What ever you do.....Don't try to switch VIN numbers on the cab...Got in trouble last time I tried to do that....:eek:

TPD 2021.jpg

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Aw Joe ;

They just wanted to look at your fleet .

9. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

Not the first time they showed up here rollin' 4 deep ....They have a long history of "interest" in my fleet.
    I think they are just trying to keep the despots in line :D

Img_0946.jpg

Attached Files:

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Sigh .

LEO's always have a problem with Gear Heads that have too many vehicles ~ far too often there's monkey business afoot .

Those not to few bad apples make it hard for the rest of us .

Fiddling V.I.N.'s is a fools game, I know how to do it but won't, period .