What to do???

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by babyblue81, Dec 29, 2004.

1. babyblue81

babyblue81 Member

Okay, here's the deal:
    I'm poor :) but I still want a truck. Now I have an 81 with a 350 V8 but it's too expensive to drive because the payments are too much. I saw a 67 and a 69 for sale for 1500 that were pretty good, but I have no where to store the 69. I also have another one I'm looking at that is a possibility. It's a 76 1/2 ton fleetside longbed :7 and the guy wants $800 for it. Only thing is, it's got a busted wristpin, (the pin that connects the piston rod to the piston - I believe I spelled it wrong) and the motor will need replacing. I can get a new (used) 350 V8 and installed for $700 total. This truck will probably get about 8-9 mpg, which is the same as my truck, but the price of this is cheaper. Any suggestions???

I could always go with a crappy Nissan Datsun or something - they're ugly and old, but they're dependable and get good gas mileage.

Thanks
    any suggestions will do :)

2. Frankc

Frankc Member

Hi Stephen,

What is with this post? Here you are the owner of Hardy Chevrolet & GMC Restoration and you take up time with this post. Now just tell us all way.

3. 86squarebody

86squarebody Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-05 AT 05:43 PM (CST)]well can you use the motor out of ur 81? its hard to find a good motor and get them to install it cheep

4. babyblue81

babyblue81 Member

I didn't even think of that - genius!