Quad Carb

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by taylormade85k10, Jan 18, 2005.

1. taylormade85k10

taylormade85k10 Member

I bought the 85 K10 used and all the emissions stuff had been tanken off the carb( smog pump disconnected, charcoal canister disconnected )
    Does anything need to done to the air/fuel mix adjustments. This thing idles like a dream but I don't want it to load up while I'm traveling down the road...Any suggestions

2. customdeluxek20

customdeluxek20 Member

your truck is going to be fine with out the emmisions on it i dont run that stuff on my 86 because i found that is hurts the hp and realy causes more hurt then help

3. taylormade85k10

taylormade85k10 Member

What do I do with the hose that comes off the front of the carb, and sends un-used gas to the canister..Its the biggest hose that connects the carb and canister , just in case I haven't explained well enough...

4. 84_SilveradoSS

84_SilveradoSS Member

I dont think theres any fuel goin thru the lines to the charcoal canister... Its only fuel vapors if I remember right... I'd keep the charcoal canister hooked up cuz it helps prevent vapor lock... If you did need to change your Quadrajets air/fuel flow, the best way is with a good jet/rod combo

5. taylormade85k10

taylormade85k10 Member

Thanks .. Vapor lock can certainly be an issue in South Carolina during July and August...