heads

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by hthrdsctt, Nov 13, 2004.

1. hthrdsctt

hthrdsctt Guest

where can i find specs on heads? i've been looking online for about three hours now and can't find the info i need. I'm in the middle of a head swap and am not sure the old heads are 305 heads or not?
    i have several to choose from i;e casting numbers, but i'm am cleaning up a set with 202 valves? any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks heather

2. hthrdsctt

hthrdsctt Guest

Okay thanks to all who looked...anyone who reads the rest of the story may find it funny...

The old heads are 307 heads on my 350. The old valves are 172 intakes and the new ones are the 202. Extreme change. I am truly anxious to fire my old beast back up when I get done.. the old heads caused one of my pistons not to function( I suggest not putting these heads on your 350).. and everyone( my racing friends, mechanics) including me loved my truck because it ran so good:eek: Scary thought! }> Burnout rating >6?
    Thanks Heather

3. customdeluxek20

customdeluxek20 Member

well i dont know were you can find specs but i was told that the 202 heads are the best be sides camel hump heads

4. 84_SilveradoSS

84_SilveradoSS Member

2.02 heads are better for midrange-high rpms while 1.94s are better for torque

5. 86badboy

86badboy Member

chiltons book is what u need bud...around my shop it is known as the bible. if u cant find it in there..get sum glasses. its got everything. have fun bud