i need more HP

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by 86badboy, Apr 27, 2006.

1. 86badboy

86badboy Member

alrigth boys i have a 350 japser rv cam 600 edelbrock carb and intake flowteck headers proformance plugs but im not satisfied..i need more HP ne hints or accesorise uve tried that u like let me know ne thing...i know u all have power tips..thanks for your time JEFF...www.picturetrail.com/jlh32789 few pic of my truck in there

2. chevy man06

chevy man06 Member

Hey badboy I loved the pics of the truck, looks bout like my 77 and my buddies 81 with the color paint, but I have a flat bed on mine. I too was lookin for MORE POWER and i just knuckled under and decided to rebuild the tired 350 I have. A bore job helps a lot but thats not in everybodys price range. On my 350 I went .040 over with the hyperuetic pistons I bought a new set of Iron Eagle DArt heads and im puttin a performer intake and carb on also. My buddy bought his motor from a guy the only difference in setup is his stock heads and it was bored .030 over and if he cracks his 4 barrel open he can turn his tires over in all 4 gears. Maybe if you port and polish teh heads that could help with some flow. I'll keep ya posted how my motor turns out once I get it assembled and dropped in my truck. good luck.

3. 86badboy

86badboy Member

yeah right now im look at the EFI fuel injections the edelbrock has it is all electronic and it has its own control pannel on it so u can adjust when running pretty sleek set up..but there is no price on it so that makes me wonder..haha oh well ill find out it will b a great summer project...i wont be used to my truck starting up on the 1st turn of the key with 7 inches of snow on the hood haha u know what i mean..those morrnings suck..thanks alot...JEFF

4. 86K20

86K20 Member

Edelbrock has a power package for small block chevys it'll put you at around 410 hp. It's a pretty good amount of power out of a 350 and for only 2,340.00