grill solutions for 84 chev with du

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by halv84, Feb 15, 2005.

1. halv84

halv84 Member

Hey guys I'am in need of some help. I have an 84 4wd chev thats almost completly restored. Everthing on this truck is new i mean everything, except a grill!!!! Cannot find a suitable grill anywhere. I want to run a stock grill but cant find the bowtie and trim piece that I also need!! The truck had a cheesy chrome square tube grill when i bought it, cant stand those! Dont want to run a chrome or billet grill. I know you can buy a new grill but they dont come with the bowtie or trim pieces!!! Any help would be great, if i had hair I'd be pulling it out!! I'am new to this computer stuff so please bare with me. Thanks

2. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Member

RE: grill solutions for 84 chev wit

I know how you feel. Seems like an intact grill is the hardest thing to find in a junkyard. I had spotted one on an '87 that I wanted, but they hadn't put the truck out in the yard yet. I saw the truck in the yard a few weeks later, but the grill was completely smashed up. x(

Your best bet for a cheap complete grill would probably be ebay.

3. ChevyAndy

ChevyAndy Member

Unfortunatly, due to trademark registration laws, you can only get a grill with the emblem from a dealership if you want it new.:(

4. phat78350

phat78350 Member

check out jc whitney or go to classictrucks.com or icmtruckparts.com and look for the links. later

5. wuebbles

wuebbles Member

try #####. i believe they have some oe grills