Wisconsin? an intro. . .

Discussion in 'Classic Parts of America Talk' started by gregs, Jan 22, 2004.

1. gregs

gregs Member

I've been a 'subscriber' for a while now, but haven't been very active. . . looks now like there might be some life out here after all. So just kind of checking things out.

So. . . I'm an amateur mechanic, have a '52 3/4 ton Chevy truck and (sorry folks) a 75 MG Midget. And a '59 Jeep pickup that's my plow truck for the time being--some day maybe I'll make it pertty. And a '43 Farmall H that the wife thinks I should have never bought. But they're fun. . . Anyone wanta buy a Farmall?

Point here being, I know there's at least a couple folks out here from the northern half of the fine state of Wisconsin. Just kinda checking who all else might be out there. Would be good to hear from the locals :)

At the moment, I don't have a whole lot of spare parts I can part with. I do have a re-lined gas tank for the '52 that I replaced with a new tank, was letting go of the re-lining at the most inopportune times. Could part with that with no problem. Think that's it for Chevy parts, the rest would be MG parts, and I have much more of them than Chevy--they're pretty wierd cars, but fun to drive :) Suspect probably not alot of interest in MG parts on this board though. . .

I am looking for some 16" wheels, 8-bolt, that will accomodate the old clip-style hubcaps. Have some repro hubcaps, and clips, so just looking for the wheels. If anyone has any, that'd be cool.

And I need a rear headliner retainer strip for the '52. Again, if anyone has one, let me know, I'd certainly be interested. And alot easier shipping-wise than the wheels.

And just for fun, a pic of the '52 is attached. . .
    Attachments:
    https://talk.classicparts.com/images/attachments/40106983070cc63d.jpg