Chey Duty Comes up short

Discussion in 'Classic Parts of America Talk' started by mrrework, Oct 26, 2000.

1. mrrework

mrrework Member

I have made my first and last order with Chevy Duty..
    I ordered two new bumpers for my 72 short wide bed. I thought I
    would receive bumpers that had no damage, but the front bumper
    had been scracted before it was packed. The rear bumper is not what I wanted. So, I called Karen, twice. I was told she would get UPS over to pickup the bumpers, but when I called UPS, they knew nothing about it. So, now I have both bumpers that will never be used by me. If I wanted a front bumper that was damaged
    I would have used my old ones. Thank you very much for making
    my project just a little harder. I will never have anything good
    to say about CHEY DUTY.

2. Robert

Robert Administrator Staff Member

I talked with both Karen and Carrie (Carrie is our sales manager and handles the order side of Chevy Duty) She told me that they had apologized to you for receiving a damaged bumper. We started a damaged claim on the damaged (scratched) bumper after our initial conversation with you. Today, after receiving your email and reading your post in this forum, we gave UPS a call about the pickup on the damaged bumper. We have since found out that UPS didn't want to come out and pick up the damaged bumper because the value was under $100. As for the rear bumper not being what you wanted that is something that you will have to ship back to us on your own. We will gladly refund your money once we get the rear bumper back, but we should not be expected to pay shipping back to us because it "wasn't what you wanted". We are sending out another UPS call tag on Friday for the damaged bumper. We will take care of the shipping and your refund on that damaged bumper once we get it back into our warehouse. Just have the damaged bumper boxed up and UPS will be by in a few days to pick it up. I'm sorry that you feel you have had a bad experience ordering from us. Give Carrie a call tomorrow, 1-800-741-1678, and we can make sure we get you taken care of.

3. truckie_ff

truckie_ff Member

Where are from? URANUS :7 ! The world will not end because your front bumper had a scratch, return it and have them send you another one. And as for the rear bumper, Damn you Chevy Duty!!! How dare you not know exactly what he wants!! :'(

Sorry man, Most men can only read a womans mind. :p

Obviously you dont get out of the house much, or perhaps you should realize that the world does not revolve around you.....Relax, and realize that mistakes are made and can be corrected. That is unless you are an uptight butthole.

Have a nice day!!!!!!!
    Truckie

PS: This is by no way condoned by Chevy Duty!!! I am a customer and have an opinion on this issue.

If your mirrors aren't shaking, You've been taken!!!!!!!

4. mbml

mbml Member

I hope your truck starts ok :eek: Because if it don't it sounds that you'll sue Chevy because it don't:'(......... Give Chevy Duty a chance!!!!!!

5. junkman2

junkman2 Member

Yes, give them a chance by all means. I have been really honked off about their continual back orders, and I called Carrie about it.

She explained the situation to me. Be glad at least you can get any parts for this obsolete stuff at all.

Treat people like you want to be treated, and realize that mistakes can and do happen. They will try and fix things for you, and make it right.

6. jim

jim Member

i,ve been ordering from chevy duty for over two years and have spent several thousands of dollars, i've only had one problem and it was quickly resolved. i have found the people courteous and the service more than satisfactory and all of my orders have been handled promply. and as long as the product stays good and the prices reasonable i will continue to order from chevy duty. so if you choose to use your old bumpers, so be it.

7. marlboroman

marlboroman Member

As a hard working man the holds two full time jobs I know how this kind of thing goes. Just relax a little bit if its there first mistake. The human race is not perfect nor the computers that help us. Ive been shopping off and on with chevyduty
    for about two years myself. Ive tried other sites but this seems to be the best one in my opinion. There has been only one mistake and it was mine. So just remember the world is in a spin so things do and will come apart.
    just a truck nut
    marlboro man

8. PEACHES67

PEACHES67 Member

;-) Sorry girlfriend, but get over it! You scared the }> out of me! I am very NEW to this internet/website stuff and have been overjoyed and online for two days since finding ClassicHeartbeat.com and they lead me to ChevyDuty. I checked out parts at both, and some of Wes' prices are better, Some stuff ChevyDuty has, he don't. I'm a Classic Chevy Truck lover and to even THINK the company that has made reliable, beautiful trucks for almost a century, could have dwindled to a paler version of itself made x( let alone the idea that my new "Classic" friends could have steered me wrong. Nope, it's you that's wrong girl, everybody gets 3 strikes in my book, maybe you ought to open your heart and check priorities?? Thanks to all the replies, all positive, I feel better and will not only go on to download thier catalog, I'll order, and order, and order!

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Me some too wow ! I like this company quite a bit - EXTREMELY good dollar value , kept track of my backorders good selection etc. the list goes on......

Who else has this kind of open forum ?

You're way too tense ~ better go for a drive in your beautiful old Chevy :D

10. jlt67337

jlt67337 Member

I am going to have to agree with all the other persons repling to your petty complaint.

I have about 40% Chevy Duty parts on my 51 Chevy Pick up.
    [http://galileo.spaceports.com/~jlt67337]
    I have been pleased with the quality and support from These hard working people. I have even had the pleasure of visiting there place of business. Real nice layout.:D

Jeff T

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

You can please some of the people some of the time but in retail sales , there are just a few WHINERS who will never be happy ! .

Drive and enjoy your vintage GM truck .

12. Snapper

Snapper Member

Hey Mr. Dude,

I'm new with Chevy duty, but am extremely impressed with the service and clarrification they provide. You just ran into a bad luck day that's all. Things will get better and the sun will come up the next day. Lighten up, and remember... If you don't have anything good to say about anyone, then don't say anything at all... It might come back to you.

I do so hope that you enjoy driving you truck. Have fun.

Snapper.

13. bobs409

bobs409 Member

I bet you wouldn't be all sunshine and lollipops if it was happening to you snapper.

Those of you that replied to this post just to insult the original poster aren't helping the situation are you? Isn't this forum here for this purpose? Or is it just here to say thank you, thank you all the time? It's only fair to talk about the bad as well as the good. Im going through a similar mess of my own with this company and have posted my story today.

Im waiting 5 weeks and im still getting a run around. Am I whinning too?

If you don't have anything helpful to say, butt out!

Bob

mrrework: I hope you got your situation resolved. Let me know how things worked out. Contact me at: bobs409@netscape.net

>Hey Mr. Dude,
    >
    >I'm new with Chevy duty, but am extremely impressed with the
    >service and clarrification they provide. You just ran into
    >a bad luck day that's all. Things will get better and the
    >sun will come up the next day. Lighten up, and remember...
    >If you don't have anything good to say about anyone, then
    >don't say anything at all... It might come back to you.
    >
    >I do so hope that you enjoy driving you truck. Have fun.
    >
    >Snapper.

14. 63jalopy

63jalopy Member

Hey bobs409, it's spelled WHINING! Not whinning! And yes you are whining. Lighten up.

15. bobs409

bobs409 Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-02 AT 08:34 AM (CST)]So sorry about the spelling. I don't get to use that word much unlike people around here. I usually help people instead of offering useless insults.

Bob

>Hey bobs409, it's spelled WHINING! Not whinning! And yes you
    >are whining. Lighten up.

16. 57heaven

57heaven Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-02 AT 05:38 PM (CST)]:) howziit Bob!

i hope it works out for you, buddy.

i know how it is; your truck's down, you're waiting for the part. it finally arrives...wrong part, damaged goods, etc.

i know i have enough exasperation, just FIXING my truck...even with the correct parts!LOL!

actually, mine's a hybrid/hotrod...so sometimes i've got unusual problems.

we'll help you get there, Bob.

ANNNNNDDD... resist the urge to throw that hammer through the windshield! x( :'(

Myron

17. bobs409

bobs409 Member

Thanks Myron. Things are looking up for me. Chevy duty is taking care of the problem. Must have just been a bad streak of luck on both our parts.

Bob