Please help with this nightmare!

Discussion in 'Classic Parts of America Talk' started by bobs409, Sep 26, 2002.

1. bobs409

bobs409 Member

I've held off writing but this is getting ridiculous now. Approximately August 20th, I sent in a money order for a rear bumper, brackets and 4 bolts. I waited, and waited and waited...Finally, I contacted Chevyduty and Mindy told me that it was because someone entered me as a new customer and because of this, the $5.00 credit with my order held it up and they had no way of contacting me. Ok, fine. Mistakes happen so that mess gets cleared up and im sent a bumper and one bolt. (everything else is on backorder-which is very common here lately it seems)

The bumper is obviously a returned part! It's in the box with no wrapping, just some crumpled newspapers around it. Needless to say, it's scratched to hell! Im not talking a few scratches either. It also has damaged chrome around one bolt hole and silver touch up paint on the back which couldn't happen during shipping. I happen to know that new bumpers come wrapped in a sticky plastic and a foam wrap around that. (I also contacted other vendors to verify this) A bit of bubble wrap wouldn't hurt either.

So next, I call and report the damage and again I speak to Mindy so im told that UPS will pick it up. I was also told that a new one wouldn't be sent out until they verify the damage on this one. Great, a few more weeks without a bumper then! Well, im still waiting for that UPS truck! Was UPS even contacted? I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't. (by the way, the backordered parts came yesterday but the UPS guy didn't know anything about picking up a package from me) What kind of people do you have working there anyway? I've spent hundreds of dollars at Chevyduty in the past and never had any problems until lately.

Im hoping someone at Chevyduty will read this and can help me on this. Please!!!

P.S. I would like a cash refund for this bumper and not a replacement. Im not interested in playing this game anymore.

Robert Johns (an old customer but not for long!)

2. Robert

Robert Administrator Staff Member

RE: Please help

I would like to apologize for your order mishaps. This is not the norm at Chevy Duty.

The order in question was received and entered on 08/26/02.

At the time we were backordered on the Bumper, Brackets, and the high dome bolts. They are all coming form the same supplier. When the bumper came into stock the partial order was shipped on 09/12/02. The remainder of the items were shipped on 09/18/02. And your replacement bumper is shipping Today. Yes, this is not our typical turnaround time on orders. This was just a case of our suppliers not being able to deliver as timely as we needed them to. Seems to happen towards the end of every year as most suppliers like to keep their inventory low for better end of year numbers(a tax issue). Please keep in mind that we do have 10'000 parts that we warehouse and that it is no small task keeping every one of those items in stock at any given time.

Here is a history of your order/shipping times:

Ordered 03/13/01 Shipped Complete 03/19/01

Ordered 10/29/01 Shipped Complete 10/30/01

Ordered 05/06/02 Shipped "A" shipment 05/09/02
    Shipped "B" shipment 05/16/02

Ordered 06/20/02 Shipped "A" shipment 06/21/02
    Shipped "B" shipment 07/02/02
    Shipped "C" shipment 07/26/02

Ordered 08/26/02 Shipped "A" shipment 09/12/02
    Shipped "B" shipment 09/18/02
    Shipped "C" shipment 09/27/02

Although your last two shipments have had some backorders you can see that we are proactive about getting your parts to you as soon as we can get the items on our docks. We try to ship what we have in stock. We don't like backorders any more than the customer does. It costs us time and money pulling, packing and shipping the order each time we send out a backordered part. Not counting the fact that we risk having any unhappy customer. We would like to do the "Right" thing the "First" time.

UPS was sent a Call Tag on 09/20/02 to pick up the damaged bumper. Sometimes we have to prod them along to do their job. I have contacted my UPS rep. this morning and they assured me that they would take care of picking up the item.

Here are the Return Authorization notes that were entered on 09/20/02:

CUSTOMER SAYS THAT ONE OF THE BOLT HOLES ARE MISSING CHROME AND THAT THE BUMPER IS ALL SCRTACH UP PLEASE LOOK AT AND RESHIP ANOTHER LET CARRIE SEE THE DEFECTIVE ONE AND INSPECT THE NEW ONE THAT GOES OUT THANKS 09-20-02 SENDING A CALL TAG FOR THE DEFECTIVE ONE.

Just wanted to let you know that our people are doing what they are supposed to do. (Now, If I can only get them their own UPS uniforms and teach them to drive a delivery van we could really give our customers some personal service!!!!)

Again, I apologize for your poor shopping experience with Chevy Duty. I have talked with everyone involved with your order, including UPS, and we will work on making things Right!

3. bobs409

bobs409 Member

RE: Please help

Robert,

Thank you very much! I appreciate the kind reply even though im sure you could sense my bad mood. I appologize for that but it's been extremly frustrating. Perhaps it was just one of those rare cases. As I have mentioned, I have spent hundreds of dollars with your company in the past with no problems.

I look forward to the new bumper.

Thanks,

Bob