new and need help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by haulin4, Jan 18, 2004.

1. haulin4

haulin4 Member

hi all
    as you can see i am new here and new to the art of project vehicles .
    i have a line on a 69 c/10 4x4
    it needs alot of T.L.C.
    the person is selling it cheap the ? i have is
    how hard is it to find parts for it (i,e,body parts)
    and who would you folks say has the best prices for the money
    take it easy on me i dont know that much about redoing vehicles so i will have alot of dumb and stupid ? for you all

:) haulin(go car panthers)4

2. hkypooh

hkypooh Member

Hauling, I bought the majority of my parts right here where you are. Chevy Duty. They have good parts, prices and service. Get a online catalog or order one and get started. No I don't work for them.

3. cowboy

cowboy Member

I just bought a 1969 k10 4x4 with a new 350 (blue paint) 4speed manual tranny. all of this for $700. it needs some work but the 4wheeldrive works. the steering is loose. but it is a decent truck. as for the parts. i'm looking for a few my self.
    cowboy

4. tech1

tech1 Member

Give us a call and we can hook you up.

5. Russm

Russm Member

Russm
    We (my son and I) are also redoing a 69 chevy. We've been working on it for about 18 months - mostly on weekends, and when we have time. We have bought most of our misc body parts and accessories from Chevy Duty. I have compared prices, and in general they are the best, although with research you might beat them occasionally on a few items here and there. I've been pretty happy with them. A few thoughts from my experience: You are better off to buy most items new rather than salvage. Finding good salvage parts is time consuming, and often impossible. You can buy new virtually every part that was ever put on these trucks, and the prices are pretty reasonable. But I'll warn you now, if you really want to make the truck nice, you are going to spend a lot of money, and the further you go, the nicer you want it to be. I've found myself replacing parts for a second time, because I scrimped the first time and ended up wanting something better. Sometimes you are better off biting the bullet and spending more than you are trying to peicemeal it. Like, if you are having steering column problems I would replace the whole column, rather than try to rebuild parts of it. Good luck

6. tech1

tech1 Member

Sir we sell damn near everything your gonna need.