Frame Needed

Discussion in 'Truck Parts for Sale' started by luvmy67, Jun 20, 2003.

1. luvmy67

luvmy67 Member

Does anyone have a frame for a 47 to 54 Chevy? I am looking to restore my 52, and need a good foundation for the project. I'm really not interested in the suspension components,so condition of them do not matter. I just need a good straight frame. If you have one to part with, or know of someone that does, please let me know.:D Thanks

2. brandonvd

brandonvd Member

I have two frames I just bought from a guy. Well actually there is a lot more than the frames, but I only need a few parts off of them. They both look good and I can strip them down as far as you want. I don't know how much they are worth maybee you can just make me an offer. By the way I'm in Northern CA by Redding. I would be willing to drive aways, maybee Sacramento or the Oregon border at I-5.

Brandon

3. luvmy67

luvmy67 Member

Brandon, I really appreciate the reply, Northern Ca.? Too far, if it was a complete fully restored truck and a good deal, NOT A PROBLEM!!!
    For a frame though it's just too far. I live in southeastern NM, close to the Tx line. I really think I can find one a little closer, I'll just be patient. It's kinda funny, when your not looking for something they are everywhere, when you look for it they become extinct. Anyway, Thanks Again.:)

4. phil 1953 GMC

phil 1953 GMC Member

John,
    I do not have a frame, but I live in Amarillo and have family and friends in Midland, so I will keep an eye out for a frame. I am assuming that you need a short bed frame. I am looking for some parts for my 1953 GMC, so I am always on the lookout for these trucks.

Phil

5. luvmy67

luvmy67 Member

Phil, Sounds like a deal! 168 miles from Midland, no step for a stepper. I actually think I located one here in Artesia, AND some other good stuff. Is there anything in particular you are looking for? This guys got it all! IT'S LIKE A GOLD MINE !!!!! Please let me know something. I am actually going through Amarillo within a few weeks, I can deliver it to you if you want. I don't know if I'm more excited about the frame or knowing that your from Amarillo!!! Everyone on this website is from a galaxy far away!!! Every time I find something I need they are 2000 miles away!! Heck, we are neighbors. NO OFFENSE TO YOU FOREIGNERS, BUT WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!! Anyway, Phil let me know, and thanks for the reply.}>

6. phil 1953 GMC

phil 1953 GMC Member

John,
    I feel your pain about everyone being from far, far away. I am in need of a passenger rear fender and a front splash apron for a GMC. If you can get your hands on these items, let me know. If you are unable to bring them to Amarillo, I travel quite a bit, so it is possible that I could pick it up in Artesia. Keep in touch neighbor.

Phil

7. luvmy67

luvmy67 Member

Phil, I went out to the Land of the Lost today. There is everything out there. I did find two shortbed frames, one was subframed with a 283 in it. I really don't trust someone else's vision if you know what I mean. The other one he had is all still intact, other than the front suspension components, I don't need that stuff anyway. I plan on installing the new mono-leaf spring w/ the disc brakes. He does have about five or six trucks other than those, but they are long beds. They are pretty much all there. I'm assuming the GMC fenders are the same as Chevrolet right? If so the beds he does have are in good shape. You may have to do a little bodywork but nothing major. Do you want the spare tire style or the smooth? As far as the splash aprons I really didn't pay much attention to them. I'm sure I can get one though in good shape. Are you original or street rod? I respect both aspects, it just depends on the condition of the project whether or not to make the cut. Anyway, let me know on that fender style and I'll see what I can find, maybe get some pictures. Talk to you later, John :7

8. phil 1953 GMC

phil 1953 GMC Member

John,
    I am definitely a street rodder. I am putting together a 400-horse Chevy 350 for this truck. I am installing a Firebird rear end and a 1976 Chevy pickup front suspension in my ol' 53. Work is going slower than I had hoped for. The fender that I am looking for is the passenger rear fender without the spare cut out. How much does the "Gold Mine" want for a fender? Don't worry about the splash apron. I'm considering using a front roll pan in place of a bumper. What are your plans with your truck? If you get tired of using this forum, you can email me at phil@sageoilvac.com.
    Talk to you soon,
    Phil

9. luvmy67

luvmy67 Member

Phil, Did you get your E-Mail?

10. phil 1953 GMC

phil 1953 GMC Member

Yes, I got my email. I did respond, but got a message delayed report. Hopefully it has gone through by now. If not, let me know.

Phil