Need bed wood measuresments

Discussion in 'Truck Parts for Sale' started by lprandall, Sep 28, 2002.

1. lprandall

lprandall Member

I'm in the process of buying the oak wood from a friend for my 1955 1st series 1/2 ton pickup. It has a short bed on it. I've got a couple of questions. Does anyone know the measuresment for the individual boards, length and width? I believe there's supposed to be 7 boards. Also, the boards that I'm going to purchase are a full 1 inch thick, instead of the traditional 3/4 inch thickness, and is this ok?

2. Brandcall

Brandcall Member

I have no idea. But if you do connect with an answer would you mind forwarding it on to me. I am going through the exact same problem.

Thanks a lot

Brandcall

3. 53chevy3604

53chevy3604 Member

First, your 55 1st has 8 boards, not 7. Second, because of the position of the right angle strips that are welded to the bedsides, you cannot put a 1" board underneath them (easily). I'd go ahead and have the boards milled down to 3/4"

I have a bedwood article covering AD trucks on my website. GMC Paul took some of my info and combined it with other info to create a bedwood page covering 47-72 trucks.

[link:www.chevytrucks.org/jeff|Jeff Nelson's Advance Design Page]

[link:www.chevytrucks.org/jeff/tech/bedwood/bedwood.htm|Direct link to my bedwood page]

[link:www.gmcpauls.com/47-72%20BedWood%20Info.htm|GMCPaul's 47-72 Bedwood Page]

4. lprandall

lprandall Member

5. horvath

horvath Member

Check this page out and see if it answers your questions! :
    http://50chevy.freeservers.com/Bed_Restoration.html