Fender swap?

Discussion in 'Trucks for Sale' started by lmarr, Jul 29, 2003.

1. lmarr

lmarr Member

oleboy
    I have a 59 SB SS and I want to know if the fenders off a 56/57 will fit on the 59. Thanks.:)

2. wheels

wheels Member

Yes, they will fit but you will have to change the grill and the hood as well. The cab is exactly the same from 55-59 but the front clip changed. The fenders will bolt right up but the hood and grill won't fit the other fenders. Hope that helps!

3. lmarr

lmarr Member

oleboy
    Thanks for the info, I kinda figured that's what I'd have to do.:(

4. Norselander

Norselander Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-03 AT 03:26 PM (CST)]Howdy there Oleboy. I know that you weren't asking but thought that I'd volunteer a little bit of info relative to the front wrap swap before you are too far into swappin' fenders. The '58/59 hoods aren't interchangeable with the '55-57 hoods. '55-'57 hood hinges don't mount to the cab in the same place.

The '55/'56 fenders are not identical to '57 fenders. The difference is in the grille "mouth." Keep to same year fenders and grilles to make the swap easier (all '57 parts or all '55/'56 parts). Hoods fit the same from '55-'57.

And one other thing... the frame rails are longer on the '58/'59 so you may have to cut a couple of inches off of the -end- of the front of the frame. Wheelbase is the same for given model numbers in the pickup range.

Best -o- luck on yer swap! :+

--------------------
    http://www.oltrucks.com

5. lmarr

lmarr Member

oleboy
    Thanks for the info, that's good to know. However, in light of the fact I'd have to change nearly everything, I don't think it's feasable. I'm already looking at $8000. Thanks again.:-(