Lookin' for a 4-door Suburban.

Discussion in 'Blazers/Jimmys/Suburbans' started by will54, Jun 2, 2002.

1. will54

will54 Member

I want an old, 60's era (60-69) Suburban that has 4 doors. Is there such a critter, and if so, is there one for sale. Thanks.....

Signed: Roasting Alive in Colorado..ugh............give me some cool, cool, water....and perhaps a foot or two of refreshing snow. ;)

2. 74x4SUB

74x4SUB Member

Chevy and GMC started makin 4 door Sub's in '73

3. will54

will54 Member

Karl, thanks for your help! Happy Truckin'.:)

4. BigO

BigO Member

As you know by now the 60's Subs were 2 door unless you count the barn doors. What part of Colorado are you from and how much do you want to spend? I know of one that is killer but it is also pricey. Is there a finders fee? LOL:+

Doug

5. will54

will54 Member

Doug,
    Thanks for the reply. I'm from Greeley, Colorado, just above Denver, about 50 miles.
    The 60's model 4 door suburban request was for one of the guys I rent a shop with. He's dead set on getting a 60'ish looking truck, but he also wanted it to be a 4 door suburban. I think he's gonna have to either settle for a newer model suburban, or just get an old 60 model truck. I think he might have found a 3/4 ton 64 pick up that he likes.
    I appreciate the response about the surban request. Thanks again!!

Will, from hot, hot Colorado.
    ps. Went to a car show yesterday and saw an old restored suburban (4 door.) It was really NICE!! Made my mouth water!! :)

6. 78subgeorge

78subgeorge Member

Old model crew cab pickups must be very rare.

I have seen several old style Suburbans turned into "Airport Limos". This was done before we had maxivans or stretch limos.
    These usually had 3 or 4 doors on each side. The best bet would be to have a wrecking yard put the request on the wire.