Headlight Rim

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by jessie57, Aug 22, 2006.

1. jessie57

jessie57 Member

I recently purchased some brand new Chrome Headlight Rims. I went to install the rims and the drivers side doesn't fit as tight as the passenger's side. Upon further inspection, it appears that I received two (2) passenger side rims.

Is there supposed to be a driver's side and a passenger's side headlight rim? Could I get away with bending the driver's side to fit?

2. 77 Chevy

77 Chevy Member

On the 57 rims there are no left and right they are universal. Can you post a picture of it installed so I can see the spacing.

3. jessie57

jessie57 Member

I threw out the white box it came packaged in. I verified on the CD website that the part number I ordered is 48013

4. jessie57

jessie57 Member

I'll take pictures when I get home.

I have reproduction fiberglass front fenders--whether or not that makes a difference, I don't know. I was using the rims that originally came with my truck and they fit, however they are pitted.

5. jessie57

jessie57 Member

6. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Does the cover that fits properly on the passenger's side fit properly on the driver's side? If it does other cover is at fault. If not, the driver's fender is at fault.

7. 77 Chevy

77 Chevy Member

Hey Jessie, from the looks of the picture they look like they are bent. All you need to do is call us at 1-800-741-1678 with your order number and we can take care of it. When you call in ask for Adam or go to my extension at 285.