IT's DONE!

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by aimless, Sep 5, 2006.

1. aimless

aimless Member

Three weeks to the day since the start of the project, my old '65 has NEW power disc brakes up front and a '95 Silverado rear end! Paired with my 350 motor and 350 tranny, she now drives like a brand new truck! Thanks to all those who provided me with advice over the last few weeks. You guys rock!

2. 1962C10LWB

1962C10LWB Member

Good for you aimless. Must be nice! ENjoy.

3. 65ChevyNova

65ChevyNova Member

have any pics of the truck?

How did the rear-end switch go?

4. aimless

aimless Member

Due to my inabilites at computer picture posting . . . no.

The rear-end swap went much better than expected. The '95 rear-end only had 60,000 miles on it when it was pulled from the original truck so it did not require anymore TLC other than dumping the oil and refilling it. A torch and grinder were used to delete the old shock towers and mounts before a pair of new mounts could be welded on. That was done by setting the rear-ends pumpkin-to-pumpkin and taking several measurments - the '95 rear is 2" wider than the '65, and all that width is in the pumpkin. But we figured it out. I ordered a new stabilizer bar with a ball-joint and an adjustible length that went on very nicely. After putting on some new U-bolts - TAADAAAAA!

She purrs at 60mph!

5. 283 man

283 man Member

Good job Aimless,our 1960 to 1966 model trucks have so many different things you can do to them, they are getting more an more popular every day.