1954/S10 frame swap

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by aasmitty757, Mar 4, 2006.

1. aasmitty757

aasmitty757 Member

Hello,
    I just purchased a 1954 chevy 1/2 ton short wide truck. I am interested to know if anyone on this forum has done a frame swap with a late model chevy S10 extended cab 4x4. I would like to use all of the drive train of the S10. I understand I would have to shorten the S10 about 5"(This would not be my concern). I would just like to know if there would be any major work that would have to be done to either truck for this to work?
    Thanks,
    Smitty

2. motorhead52

motorhead52 Member

Im using a 2x4 ext.cab s-10 frame for my 52. its actual quite easy. there is a company in the states that makes a kit for about a 1000 bones that makes it easy to mount the body on the frame. Cant think of the name but will find it and post it.

3. aasmitty757

aasmitty757 Member

Thanks for your response. I have seen that kit from Advance-Design Engineering out of California. It won't work for the 4x4 and they haven't designed a kit for the 4x4 yet. The frame is different and they told me that I would also have to do considerable modificaton to the front crossmember. I was just wondering if anyone on this list had tackled it?
    Smitty

4. vduballstar

vduballstar Member

With the s10 kit can you use the v6 that comes with the s10?