need a little help here please 85 GMC

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by vincent, Oct 22, 2006.

1. vincent

vincent Member

OK guys I need a little help. I have a 85 GMC 3/4 2wd. I blew up the v6 and am putting a 300 hp 327 in. I have fabed up some alt and pwr str mounts, moved the trans crossmember shortened the drive shaft. Now all I have to do wire the motor My problem is I don't know where to put the all the wires. Starter and alt are done that was easy. Like a dumba-- i did not label the rest of the wires off the v6:( does anyone know what color wires go to what? or maybe a really good link. Oh and as for the dizzy I have a new pro comp HEI but there is no plug with 4 termials like on th v6, is this needed? Thank you all for your help. Vincent

2. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

Well first off you will have to go to a (salvage or junk yard) get a 83 or 84 and car or truck 305 or 350 motor up Dist. with the same wire ( 4 pin ) if your going to use the 85 v6 wiring. Or buy a new 85 Dist. from GM with the 4 pin dist.wireing. The 327 motor will not need all the sensor that the 85 does
    unless you are useing the 85 intake manifold.

choke blue with grey connector
    oil pressure switch v6 only pink/white
    temperture sensor green
    Dist. Purple/white, tan, white, Black/red
    Oxyen sensor Purple

hope this helps

3. Heavy86Chevy

Heavy86Chevy Member

If it's an HEI all you have to do is hook up a keyed power source....

4. vincent

vincent Member

Thanks

thanks a mil guys:D

5. truckertommy

truckertommy Member

The 4 pin is for the computers spark control, and if your not using a carb w/ sensors you won't need to plug it in to anything. Of course you will get the check engine light. To turn the light off you can take the lamp driver card out of it's lite green box. This will not affect anything else. Hope this helps