More progress

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by audioclass, Oct 31, 2006.

1. audioclass

audioclass Member

Now that the engine is mounted, I've been doing this and that to get 'er close to starting up. New tach, temp gauge, oil pressure, and trans temp gauge all installed. B&M light truck megashifter installed. All wiring is now done too. All I've got left to do is install the new radiator, new electric radiator fan, transmission cooler, and carburetor/air cleaner. Then of course I'll have to get my transmission guy over to calibrate the TV system at startup and I should be good to start her up. Short trip down the road(like 300ft) to my uncle's friend's muffler shop to run the pipes and tie in the flowmaster 50 delta-flows, and ill be good to start seating those piston rings!

I'm hoping to get it running by this coming weekend, wish me luck!!!!!!

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Good Luck Pard !!

Val

3. audioclass

audioclass Member

GOOD NEWS!! Started up the ZZ4 today. Man oh man, she sounds beautiful purring through Hooker Super Competition headers and the flowmaster 50 deltas. Calibrating the TV cable tomorrow morning with my pal Rick, owner of Prince Racing Transmissions, then its break-in time. Wish me luck, and I'll be sure to take pictures and a couple movies to share with you all.

4. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

You're gonna like that ZZ4, but you'll LOVE that overdrive trannie !! ;)

5. 62 short step

62 short step Member

That sounds awesome man!! Have fun with it!! Jeremy