1970 K5 Blazer Restoration?

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by Giambi, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Giambi

Giambi Member

Who has the most experience with this type of project in KC?

2. seabeeh2os

seabeeh2os Member

Restoration of K5

Hi Giambi,
    Are you interested in overall 1970 K5 knowledge, parts available,or restoration information ? Call 816-741-8029 @ Classic parts and ask for Charlie. I've owned a 71 Blazer for 17 years and worked at Classic parts for 7 years. I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have.

Charlie

3. Giambi

Giambi Member

Thanks Charlie for the response. I have a 70 K5 that I want to start restoring next spring. I know nothing about a project of this magnitude, and have gotten bit by the bug from watching shows like Overhaulin', Pimp My Ride, Rides, etc... I do not even know where to begin though??? Should I focus on the body work or drivetrain? I would like to get it to a point where I can pass a Missouri inspection initially so I can drive it and then continue little things as time and money permit.

Eric

4. seabeeh2os

seabeeh2os Member

Eric,
    There are a lot of variables when it comes to restoring a classic truck.
    Such as restore to stock (show or daily driver) or custom. Engine and drivetrain possibilities are numerous. You mention starting off by getting it past the inspection which is a great place to begin. Please call Classic Parts Tues. thru Thurs. CST 9:00-5:30. 1-800-741-1678 or 816-741-8029. I work there part time on those days and we can go into greater detail on your project.
    Charlie

5. Giambi

Giambi Member

Alrighty then, I will give you a shout sometime Charlie. You guys are on the outer road by the Argosy right? I am probably going to go towards a custom daily driver, mainly used to go out in the woods on the weekends or whenever time allows. I want to be able to take the top off in the summer so I imagine a rollbar will be in order.

Later,
    Eric