Help Chubby Chassis cross member in

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by mcarrel, Mar 13, 2006.

1. scarab777

scarab777 Member

motor mount/crossmember

Hey guys, I have decided on the Martz hub to hub and was wondering if you also installed the v-8 crossmember supplied by either tci of cpp. I also want to box the inside frame for support but wondering on motor mount configuration. Thanks, Boise Steve

2. mcarrel

mcarrel Member

Re

Steve haven’t got my motor mounts in yet but plan on using CPP. I have the full cross member similar to TCI one.
    http://www.classicperform.com/Store/1947_59_Trucks/CP4810S.htm

I am putting in my rear gas tank (Ebay purchase $61) and finishing up my brakes (got my booster, mount and master cylinder today on Ebay $149).

3. backntyme55

backntyme55 Member

Deals

Hey Mark You Wont Believe It. I Almost Bid On That Brake Pedal Assembly! I Mean I Tryed And My Computer Locked! I Was Dissapointed But Now I Feel Better Since I Know U Got It. I'll Get The Next One. I Just Purchased A Great Multi-port Fuel Injection And Computer Set Up From Howell I Should Get It In About A Week To 10 Days Its Going To Be Fun Installing That! Great Tank Purchase Too. You Must Be Blessed Thats All . Happy Holidays To All You Fellow Builders.

4. mcarrel

mcarrel Member

Paul

Sweet deal on the MFI that will be nice! I have been lucky on some good deals but I look and look and look day after day. My wallet is kind of thin these days so I have to find the good deal to justify spending the $$$$$.
    Happy Holidays
    Mark