paint color

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 54pu, Aug 15, 2005.

1. 54pu

54pu Member

Hi to all hope someone out there can help me. You see I found the color I want to paint my 1954 Chevy Pickup, the problem is I can't find the paint code. The color is Indian Turquoise, anyone know the paint code I need to get it in a base coat, then put a good clear coat over it. Please help me if you can. I saw this color on a Suburban in Nh then I also saw it on Autogeek.com someone had painted their 54 chevy this color. I emailed Autogeek but have not heard from him as of yet, I figured I'd give you all a try as I'm sure there is someone that can help me. thank Jodi:(

2. KentC

KentC Member

I found a color I liked, then searched it out in the color books that auto paint retailers have. The books have both exterior and interior colors of all makes, domestic and foreign, by year. The trade schools that teach auto body refinish also have the books.
    Kent

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

FWIW , using a single stage Urethane paint will go on much easier and outlast the two stage paint by a large margin too , you can polish the single stage paint to as high a luster as you want....

-Nate

4. anhouck

anhouck Member

Unsure if it helps. 'Went through this a year ago with the '55 Early Series 3100.

The following URL provides some help - though they skip from 1947 to 1957.
    http://autocolorlibrary.com/acl_files/chevrolettruck.html

Attached is the 1957 chip picture - unsure if resolution will be good enough for you to read.

I am using (actually my neighbor is using it to cover our truck) PPG paint Ocean Green and got great information from:
    Bob Adler (Bob Adler <bobadler@nycap.rr.com>

He was able to provide PPG paint codes for my year's color.
    Attachments:
    https://talk.classicparts.com/images/attachments/431e507d02847129.jpg