Need Air Bag Suspension Advice

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by Big Bert, Aug 18, 2001.

1. Big Bert

Big Bert Member

I would like to put an air bag suspension on my 1969 C-10 Panel, however I don't want to pay the small fortune the few companies that offer these kits are charging. I came to the realization that what these people are charging is too high when I spoke with a mechanic that works for a national freight line. I showed him the contents of the kits offered and he started laughing and told me it doesn't cost that much to air ride a $100,000.00 tractor.
    Has anybody that reads this board constructed an air ride system from scratch that would be willing to share the knowledge with everyone else, because I know I'm not the only person that would like air suspension and doesn't want to pay B.S. prices. Thanks, bbbowtie

2. beefller

beefller Member

I put one together for about $200. I just peiced it together myself and made my own brackets. It is pretty cheap as long as you go with the 1/4 inch line and use dont use electric air valves.