Need help f

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by big block, Dec 31, 2006.

1. big block

big block Member

Hey guys.
    I am new to this forum. I have a a couple of questions. I have a 85 Silverrado.
    I am looking for the plastic piece that connects the acuator to the flap that controls the air to the dash vents in the heater box. This piece has a tab with a bolt and mine is broken. Does any one sell this?
    Thanks

2. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Member

I see unbroken ones in the junkyard every once in a while, but I'm not sure if its worth trying to replace it with an original if its only a matter of time before it breaks. I put A/C in my truck in March and its already broken.

3. LVMY87TRK

LVMY87TRK Member

the parts pictured on this sight with the actuator is it the one you need or is different

4. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

Are you looking for the heater control rod or the heart control because controls have some clip tabs on them too. witch end the fire wall side or the control side . These will last a long time most of the time if your not to rough with them and there set up right. Most of the time they break is when the heater core has to be changed or the control is taken out to do work.
    the heater control clip tab just moves a little then it pop out, on the heater box it slide over a pin speed nut or spring nut keep it form poping off.
    so used ones will work good . It does not hurt lube them up so they slide nice and free just take your time be careful you should be ok.

Attached Files:

5. big block

big block Member

Thanks for the Help

Thanks for the help.
    It looks as if I may have to fabracate a piece.

6. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

No Problem glad I could be of help to you. I do not have A\c in my trucks. But I have a 77 with the same 1977 OEM heater controls and controls rods still work good winter and summer. I have a 1975 heater box I am setting up to work with 84 set up to get a extra heater -fresh air vent to the floor of the cab extra flapper door in side.( one out of two)

7. LVMY87TRK

LVMY87TRK Member

If youre still looking for that part suggest you pick up the JAN07 issue of CUSTOM CLASSIC TRUCKS i did for the first time yesterday has a special insert in it of suppliers of classic and performance parts a ton ive never heard of maybe one of them can help you with it instead of making one youreself