motor builder s i need your help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by mavrick_jlr, Nov 20, 2001.

1. mavrick_jlr

mavrick_jlr Member

Can someone tell me if this combo will work.A 88 305 with older heads off a 305.A stealth intake that is rated 2000-6500 rpm.A lunati camshaft with a 284 dur.that is rated 2000-6500 rpm with a edelbrock carb 750.

2. ggjorgensen

ggjorgensen Member

RE: motor builder s i need

Is that a dual plane or single plane intake? Do you have stock compression? An intake and cam like that likes to have at least 9.5:1 comp. ratio it seems. What are you [planning on doing? To much for just a daily driver alone. You would also want a higher stall converter. At least a 2200-2400 RPM. That carb is also way to big for a 305 thats a little more than stock. I would not use more than a 600cfm like an Edelbrock. Hope this helps.

3. mavrick_jlr

mavrick_jlr Member

RE: motor builder s i need

The block will be bored 60 over with a dual plane weiand stealth manifold.With 60cc chamber heads.The only reason im using this motor is because i had it lying around.When it was in its previous body it was one stout motor.I could out run a many 350's with it.Im going to stick it in a 58 truck.With a 350 or 400 th tranny.Just trying to get some expert help on what will work with it befor i buy alot of stuff i cant use.Any help will be great.thanks