hood emblems needed

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by twhite, Nov 12, 2005.

1. twhite

twhite Member

Does anybody know where to get new emblems for the side of the hood? I have a 1953 Chevy 1-ton, and the emblems that sy 3800 are very pitted. I have been told that it will cost like $40 each to get them re-chromed, but all I have seen for sale are those for 1/2 and 3/4 ton, 3200 and 3600.

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions, let me know!

twhite

2. KentC

KentC Member

I have a 53 1/2 ton and my 3100 emblems were really pitted. I sanded them and then bondo-ed. I bought a can of "chrome" paint. The first application looked like silver paint, but after a few applications it really looked like a new re-chrome. But it took a week or so to dry - let it set in the sun for a couple of weeks. Go a couple weeks back on this website for a photo of my pickup.
    KentC

3. KentC

KentC Member

Sorry, I forgot that they had not been installed yet. But they do look new or near new.
    KentC

4. navyman

navyman Member

hello
    you can go to bowtiebites.com they are out of wichita ks. or you can go to ##### .com or chevyduty.com

i have a 50 chevy pickup that i am doing. i have all the hood emblems for a 3100 i am not putting them back on. i chopped the top 3in. shaved the door handles new bed parts. alot of work.
    brad white