Barrett-Jackson

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by cosmo1957, Jan 23, 2007.

1. cosmo1957

cosmo1957 Member

Only a few trucks 55-57 on this years auction block.

Of the 57;s I was surprised by the results

Lot#44 - SOLD for $24,200
    58 - SOLD for $33,000
    1232.1 - SOLD for $162,400 < Cameo custom claimed to have 230k invested
    1528 - SOLD for $ 49,500 < restored original V8 Cameo

I would think that these era trucks are more rare than the cars than what I see at this auction every year?
    They just dont bring the money like the cars do?? :confused:
    YET ;)

I suppose many vehicles were sold that guys like us spend way more money on to restore too?

my $ .02
    (less CDN exchange!) :)

Shawn

2. gafcob

gafcob Member

I saw that too Shawn. Thats why i am just going to keep mine origanal,all my #s match,its a six,55..frame off,little welding new paint..(same color) ect...and drive it in parades..ha ha ha and hope it does not over heat..ha ha ha

3. ljw

ljw Member

I have noticed in the newspaper in TUCSON(if this any indication of any trend),that streetrodded trucks if done nicely bring at least as much as restored originals. I some some listed in hemmings for about 25 and 30 grand that look pretty good. If I didn't like my fleetside so much, I'd probably sell it and buy a rod that was already built.

4. gafcob

gafcob Member

I have to admit...If I had the money,I prob. would go in that direction, But I would need major help. I have My hands full doing the Origanal thing.Everytime I remove somthing, I find out I have to do much more work then I planned, But I just laugh now cause there is no turning back...and no way in hell I am going to Quit and sell it, I dont care how long it takes me...gaff

5. 56 chev nut

56 chev nut Member

Barrett Jackson

I know what you mean..Lots of parts ordered and not much accomplished,but in the long run it'll be worth it. Besides to it's not about how much you put into your truck,but what you get out of it. I'll probably never sell my 56 once it's done. Afterall you can feel proud of all your effort,when people comment on your truck. It would be alot easier to just go out and purchase a already finished truck,but it's just not the same....Brent