Replacing the bed floor

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by jonrbrt, Oct 13, 2005.

1. jonrbrt

jonrbrt Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-05 AT 12:26 PM (CST)]http://home.insightbb.com/~36plyguy/coupe72.jpg
    The bed floor of my 72 Cheyenne Super 1/2T shortbed K10 needs help. Is anyone making a complete replacement floor? My floor is pretty good except along the bedsides and inner fender wells. I realize patch panels are available--but they don't appear to have the flat edge to allow bolting the floor and bed sides together??? What's the best way to do this? I'm considering cutting the old floor out from front to back 6.5' and 15" wide, and replacing that with flat 20 gauge sheet metal.
    Is there a better way?

Can anyone (TechGuy???) tell me where to find production numbers for my model truck?

2. 58 chevy

58 chevy Guest

Well I can't say this is right but I'm looking at a book with the production #'s and it seems for a 1/2 ton 4x4 w/ 155 inch wheel base there was 6,069 of these made in '72, i always thought there were more... in '71 there was even less made. I will have to do more research on this one. By the way almost all of our patch panels are 18 gauge, but I'll be sure to check this one again...

Jesse Hazell Chevy Duty Tech.

3. jonrbrt

jonrbrt Member

Thanks for writing Jesse. I have an old ##### catalog (97) and they actually show complete replacement floors, it came in two piecesm a left and right half. $119 each. Not available through ##### any more... Have you seen them anywhere? What book do you have for production munbers? Wonder how many of those 6,069 are still around?

4. 58 chevy

58 chevy Guest

I got the numbers out of the standard catalog of American light duty trucks book, 3 rd edition, if you have a chance try to get one of these, it has so much information your head will spin!! Anyway it would be a challage to see how many are left.

Jesse Hazell Chevy Duty Tech.

5. hurst1

hurst1 Member

I have a short bed floor that is perfect, was not going to sell it, was going to buy bedsides if i had to, or a good complete bed, which I have located but it is kinda priced to high but if I can sell this stuff i can buy the bed, so if your still looking make me an offer, sorry i had not responded to your inquiry about the tilt I had not been on here in awhile, but it sold on ebay, THANKS LOCATED NEAR BRANSON MO.

6. Smokinjo1012

Smokinjo1012 Member

I have seen panels 18" by36" for repair, dont know about the flat lip,,ill look more into it for ya

7. chris

chris Member

just custom make your own