center console

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by Smokinjo1012, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Smokinjo1012

Smokinjo1012 Member

I am the owner of a 1967 chevy c10 with a big bolck 454. The truck is sweet, candy apple red paint. I have taken out the bench seat and installed power bucket seats. I want to make a center console for the truck. has anybody done this and could you give me an idea or resorce. Thanks in advance...:)

2. OLDIRON69

OLDIRON69 Member

Are your seats aftermarket or take-outs from a late model?? I was going to put buckets in mine eventually and build a nice furniture quality wood console with cup holders,cd storage etc. You might check JC Whhitney, they normally have a little bit of everything in there. A carpet coverd console if done right would also look good IMO. Just stay away from the shag carpet.

3. Smokinjo1012

Smokinjo1012 Member

Hey dude : I thought I would finish it off in tweed , I definetly will stay away from the shag carpet,(kind of like scooby doo) anyhow my truck is done up in tweed and old school flames.. thanks for the info though

4. 69c10step

69c10step Member

Go to the 67 - 72 Photo Gallery and check out the pics of ONEWAYMARK's '68 C-10. He has a pretty nice looking center console. Might be some ideas there for you. I'm trying to figure mine out as well.:confused: