1988-1995 motor in a 83 C10

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by Clyde83c10, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Clyde83c10

Clyde83c10 Member

My question is i have an 83 as u know from previous post, im wanting to know if it is possible to put a 350 Engine and possibly a 5 sp tranny from a '88-'95 in the place of my 6 banger that i have in my 83. Also can you convert these trucks to Carburetor, i know that would involve purchasing a new manifold and carb, what else would i need in order to do the swap. PLEASE HELP ME I WANT RID OF THE 6 BANGER!!!!!!

i can get a few '88-'95 trucks cheap thats why im wantin to do the swap, and i know how reliable the engines are in those trucks.

thanks

2. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

I know there a few out there that have the vortec 88-95 motors yes you can get a after market intakes one is (edelbrock)to set up the carb now bolts right in.The tran no to sure on that but some one might know what needed to bolt it in is that trans std or auto.

3. Clyde83c10

Clyde83c10 Member

the 83 truck has an automatic in it, but the gears are set up for the 6 banger, im wanting to transfer the 5spd from the donor truck that im taking about getting along with the engine

4. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

Well if you have a donor truck that will make thinks a lot easier for you.
    You can grab all kinds of stuff that might work or sell, more then half the run around time has gone. I sure there a few around here that can chime in to help. The best thing is to get a good look at both and see what different, and what you would like to put on yours to start off. Oh maybe take some pic before you take thing apart just in case you forget.
    Keep us posted & show pic's good luck.