door hinges

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by bonvo, Mar 6, 2007.

1. bonvo

bonvo Member

i just bought a 56 3/4 ton stepside it had to be towed and the tow truck driver did not secure the doors so they proseeded to fly open at 60 mph bending them to the point that in order to open the doors the fenders need to be removed i was wondering if anyone had some door hinges for cheaper then $50 a pop thank you guys

2. backntyme55

backntyme55 Member

I Know This Is Not Much Better But Classic Has Them For $44.95 Ea. Now Here Is Something You Should Check That "inner Lower Door Post" If It Took That Pressure You Should Look At It Good. They Rust Out Bad There Anyway. Both Mine Were Trash. I Just Finished Installing Both Sides With New Step Plates Cab Mounts Etc. Got Most Of That Stuff Here At Classic Too. It "may" Be Time To Dig Deep Now. Good Building To You.if I Could Get A Picture Downloaded Of The Job Before And After You Could Really See How Much They Do Rust In 50 Years. I Will Try.

3. bonvo

bonvo Member

thank you yeah i know i checked it all and the truck is in surprizingly good shape i got it for $500 and the only spots i can find that are rusted are the rear cab corners and the rest of the truck is straight if you like ill take some pics and post them on here

4. dane st. cyr

dane st. cyr Member

I have extra doors and partial cab for a 55 .
    info . Call Dane @ 337-344-0469