More goodies on the way.

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by audioclass, Mar 22, 2007.

1. audioclass

audioclass Member

As I posted a while back, I installed a ZZ4 and a 700R4 transmission into my 63 C10. The installation went great, no problems except for a minor issue with the lockup on the 700R4, which was fixed quickly by my friends at Prince Racing Transmissions.

Now with the power behind the wheels, I needed something a little bit more safe and secure than a 44 year old, rusty single master cylinder and drum brakes.

Just got off the phone with Classic Performance Parts, from whom I ordered their complete Front & Rear disc brake kit, along with upgraded gas-slotted cross-drilled rotors. The whole kit includes EVERYthing needed(supposedly) to set the entire system up, including a disc/disc prop valve, dual master cylinder, 8" booster and all lines/hoses including e-brakes.

I didn't search, but has anyone else gone with any of CPPs brake kits? What did you think, anything I should look out for, or be ready to purchase to aid installation?

I'm excited to get these installed since up here in NH, its just starting to get warmer out and melt all the snow, and I'm looking forward to getting out on the road.

2. sls_06ion

sls_06ion Member

I used an early classics kit. drop spindles, m/c, prop vavle, all lines to do the conversion. I had lots a fun with it. I looked at both kits and decided that the early classic was a better deal, plus I've read about a lot of unhappy customers with CPP. Hope that helps!

Tony

3. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

I Am In Full Agreement With Sls-06ion. I Havnt Heard One Single Thing Good About Cpp, Early Classics Is What I Used, Complete Disc Brake Kit And 4/6 Drop Kit. Every Thing Is 100% Complete And High Quality. Good Luck With The Cpp Kit. Also Early Classics Customer Service Exceeds Excellents. They Will Walk You Through While Your Under Your Truck Doing The Conversion.

4. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Ditto on the two above. Can't say enough good things about the folks at ECE and their products.

Lots of folks use the CCP products with good results, but have heard of some bad customer service experiences in the past.

Val

5. audioclass

audioclass Member

Well I guess I'm taking a step into the unknown here then. I shot off a ton of questions and they answered them all very well, the person I spoke to was great, so hopefully I don't have any issues.

6. tunacan

tunacan Member

On my 65, I went with the CPP spindles and front disc brake conversion. It was not only complete, but a snap to put in using a 2 ton floor jack and two small floor jacks for the various compressions. In fact, I have used CPP stuff throughout my truck (sway bars, ps mounting kit, stealth latches and more) with great satisfaction including the technical expertise and accessability of their personnel, Javier, Chuck, Mike and others.
    Good luck on the installation. Hope this helps.
    Tuna Can (that's what my wife calls my projects)

7. tunacan

tunacan Member

How did you get the pix of your panel on your regristration?
    Neat!
    Thanks again for the suggestions on the door latches. I'm still trying to field engineer those darn stock units. Your bar bar blocking the push button is a good one.
    I can't find the article you mentioned in either magazine back issues.
    Cruise on!
    Tuna Can

8. audioclass

audioclass Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. Tunacan you made me a little less anxious about spending the money. Packages are due in tomorrow, and then the work begins. Wish me luck.