somebody better go get this one!!!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Kevin's 48, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

2. sinerasis

sinerasis Member

whoa... in my neck of the woods even... crazy. that would make such a cool project

3. Zig

Zig Member

I'm thinking "RV"... Hmmm- Too bad it's w-a-y far away. I like how it has the same grill that I'm going to use on my '52. (One that is out of a '48) (Unless that's what they used on COs as a general rule?)
    You're right Kevin- If I were a rich man....

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Whoa !

What's the deal here ? his description is far too reserved , looks like a winner to me ~ it might even have a 302 in it ! (drool) and it's a SWB chassis so it'd make a good driver as-is I should think .

To bad i'm not :

A. rich

B. young & limber (oh well)

C. nearby with storage

This is just the typ of project I like to drag in and do a ' make run ' on , by the time I'm finished with the brakes & tires I've usually gotten the engne unstuck and running sweetly again....

The real shame is : it'll prolly get broken up for a Hot Rod car carrier project and it looks -far- too clean for that in my eye but as long as it avoids the crusher it's all to the good .

5. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

You could add

D. better looking so you wouldn't scare those ladies with flat tires.

6. Zig

Zig Member

Good one Bill!

I can just imagine the fear that would grip those ladies as they see Nate ambling up to them- hunched over, arms swinging from side to side- that right eye all squinted up- the toothless grin...
    Makes ME want to run as I'm typing this!:D

We love ya Nate- you know we do!;)

7. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

I don't know Nate. I was thinking street rod carrier, but then again I'm always wanting to street rod anything. I like them original too. It just has that funny looking grill in it, right Zig!:p I hope that wouldn't bring the value down too much. I'd still drive it.:D

8. Zig

Zig Member

That grill is kinda' like this box wine I drink. The first glass is like drinking brake fluid. (Not that I know what that tastes like- but I can stop on a dime!)
    After that first glass it's like- hey- this stuff is ohkeydoughkey!:D
    In short- after you bought a GMC, you spend the first little while sneaking up on the front and going:eek: . After a few days you have more of a :confused: reaction. Months after that- you start feeling more like:eek: And finally- if you can pretend that was your only option, you start feeling more :) than anything else. I don't know if I'll ever think it looks:cool: but I definantly think it looks;) !

9. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Maybe I should go to the winery and ship you a BOTTLE of my favorite wine. Come to think of it I'm out:eek: . Gone to the winery tommorrow.

I really do like the GMC too I just like to give you a hard time about it. I know you'd NEVER rag on somebody.

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

*snicker*

Kinda out of my hands , that one is :rolleyes:

I'm just glad to still be breathing , it's the # 1 gift I've been given so I try to not whine too overly much .

-Nate

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Therin Lies A Story....

Back when I had the VW shop , Howie liked to steal anythng good I had to eat or drink ~ we fought over this for years to no avail ~ he'd been born a typical New York City boy and wasn't happy unless he was ' getting over ' on a customer , you , his old lady , whomever .

Anyway , my country wrenching habits include using a pop bottle and length of vaccum hose as a brake bleeder bottle ~ one fine HOT summer's day I'd set my bleeder bottle on the edge of the desk during lunch as I needed to fix something right quick and I took the vacuum house out to use , Howie can in to anwser the 'phone and spied an unattended bottle of pop and grabbed it before I could holler a warning ~ he wasn't happy but he never did steal another pop from me unless he saw me drink from it 1st...... :cool:

-Nate

12. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

GMC Truth Time

Once you climb in the cab and fire up that romping stomping full pressure Long Motor and step on the gas , you'll cease to care what the heck the grille looks like.... ;)

-Nate

13. brit 50

brit 50 Member

You know those road draft tubes we have been chatting about previously, you know the ones you need to bbq, roast them good an proper, thats where the gmc grills come in handy, you rest your very important tube on the grill while its cooking!
    ________
    Iolite vaporizer

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  14. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Damn, another coe, just love those ugly trucks, my fave is the oval grill F**d one but the chevy is great too
    ________
    Bondage Movie

15. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

I'm with you Brit, my fav is a Ford but not the oval. I like the 40 and 41 V grill best.

16. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Oh no, you said the F word:eek: at least i disguised it a bit:p
    ________
    FERRARI 158

17. Zig

Zig Member

Hey now Britt!

I think there was an agreement when you signed up on here that the one and only thing you COULDN'T do is say the F$#* word.
    You can't use the grill from a GMC to cook draft tubes, breather caps or what ever else might be a tasty treat. Not that the fire would hurt it any, it's just tthat EVERY truck needs its mug- no matter how... how... whatever it may be!:eek:

18. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Heresay From Nate

O.K. , I admit it : that 1938 Ford grille is _really_ beautiful and I wish GM had penned it , I used to ride my Harley Panhead out past a nice unrestored 1938 Ford 1/2 tonner just sitting , I looked at it for like 25 years before the old man gave up and sold it , I miss it as there's precious few of those ever made much less still sitting .

I _do_ know where there's a 1-1/2 Ton one ('38 F) just sitting abandoned in West Texas tho'......:rolleyes:

No don't ask .

-Nate

19. zigzagfrog

zigzagfrog Member

COE dreams...

Yep..she sure is a nice truck, and in great shape by what the pics show. I hope some happy restoration freak gets his hands on this one! I agree with Nate about the limber factor. Crawling under Sparky just aint the same anymore. (Help, Ive dropped my screwdriver, and cant get up:eek: )!
    For you young wrenches, go ahead and laugh, cause your time will come!
    Time was when I used to pull VW engines out in parking lots, and tote them up flights of stairs for repair. (What do you mean college dorm rooms werent made for that:D )!
    Too many projects and other vices to try a COE, so I will drool from afar and dream instead.

Thanks for the memories,
    Sully

20. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Funny Thing You Mentioned STAIRS...

Back in the day when Bill-Bob was just out of The Marines and had a spiffy new Kawasaki KZ400 twin , SnakePit was on the 2nd. floor and NO off street parking , over beers The BushMaster convinced Bill-Bob he could ride the bike up the staircase and safely park it on the 2nd. floor.... :eek: :confused:

Amazingly , Bill-Bob went for this and indeed , he rode it to the 2nd. floor where he yanked the engine and rebuilt it...... ;)

Boy those were some crazy days indeedy , no wonder we're all busted up to-day :eek: