need some knob deletes (blanks/dummies)

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by 57 restomod, Jan 25, 2007.

1. 57 restomod

57 restomod Member

I've got a couple of unused holes on my 57's dash where the choke, etc. used to be and I'm wondering where I can get some of the knob deletes that came in some of these trucks to fill the holes. Used would be fine. Do they make repro's?

2. jwdutton

jwdutton Member

I have only found the deletes in junkyards. I still haven't found a GMC radio delete but the bowtie works ok. The little button deletes are sometimes hard to find in a usable state. I busted quite a few that were too rusted to be pried out of the donor.

On the firewall/floor panel I have used electrical box deletes and siliconed them in place. That cleared up a bit of breeziness.

3. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I have what is said to be a GMC radio delete. I've never put it on my truck to know for sure. Interested?

4. ljw

ljw Member

I have seen used and nos ones for sale one e-bay many times-maybe check there. I never understood why anybody today wouldn't put in a stereo or something instead? When the trucks were new-they were manufactured as industrial grade beaters,and nobody really cared for creature comforts-but today they are really used as fancied up passenger cars.

5. dane st. cyr

dane st. cyr Member

TRY LMC truck parts