Carb issue

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by leahighra, May 5, 2007.

1. leahighra

leahighra Member

I got a replacment carb for my 230 and when i installed it i noticed it had and auto choke and the throtle connector was on the wrong side (right side not left).. Is there any way I can modify this carb without destroying it? I need to get her rolling again my wife needs her van back. LOL also this is something nutty i was wanting to do with it. is there an existing exhaust manifold for true dual exhaust or will i have to have that custom built. I havent found one anywhere...

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

3. OlCurt

OlCurt Member

4. leahighra

leahighra Member

those are awesome guys. Thanks. Im just a few tinkers from getting her on the road again. after I get that going Im getting the engine completely rebuilt then body work and pain then the bed. I figure i still have about 5-6 thousand bucks to throw into her.

5. OlCurt

OlCurt Member

What size carb do you have?

6. leahighra

leahighra Member

1 barrel. for the 230.. i just need something to reverse the throttle body connection on the carb so i can connect it up and drive it..

7. OlCurt

OlCurt Member

I was going to tell you I have a 1bbl carb you can have. It is a factory rebuild. I forgot you have a van. I'll look tomorrow to see how the throttle linkage is set up on it to see if it will work.