67-72 1-ton rear.

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by Goober, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Goober

Goober Member

I want to up grade my 69 3/4 ton to a dually rear,for towing. But I cannot find a 67-72 cab & chassie rear. So I got a later model dually cab & chassie but its wider. Now after talking to moser axles,I plan on narrowing the rear and adding moser axles. What I need to know is the 67-72 dually width measurement. I am sure its not the same as a 3/4 ton. Does anyone know the width of a 67-72 cab & chassie 1-ton dually rear ? Or were I can look for the answer.

2. Nefarious79

Nefarious79 Member

PM sent :D

3. nook

nook Member

Hello Goober, I have a 5th wheeler to pull and I like to do the same with my 1969 C20,and I found a dually axle from a winabago camper,but it is to small for my chassis and the inner fenders, so I'm thinking off extend the axle,I don't know yet

keep me posted please and if I have dicided,I let you know also.
    greeting from Holland,Nico

4. lorarobert

lorarobert Member

I have answer

Hi, this is Robert. I have a 68 C20. It has a dually rearend under it. I will get both of you the measurements. If I am not mistaking you can use a heavy duty C20 rearend, it has extended hubs. Dually wheels will fit on this way.

5. chevyholic

chevyholic Member

Eaton HO-72 cab and chassis axles are hard to come by, the late model 14 bolt should be close to the same width. I will do some searching and see if I can come up with the width of the HO-72