camaro clip

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Apr 18, 2006.

1. coilover

coilover Member

My favorite IFS front clip by far is the AMC Pacer but they are getting scarce. I also don't like the way most trucks look with the camaro clip because the front bumper is against the ground. This is not necessary. Here is one with the camaro clip that sits in a much more normal stance, drives great and has all the perks--p/s, p/b, disc brakes, etc. I turned my back on the painter so don't blame me. http://msnusers.com/evanscars On page one click "pictures", page two "show photos", and then on picture number 018

2. federale

federale Member

3. My ole 53

My ole 53 Member

Do you have an pics of the frame in progress and/or details of how you did the attatching of the clip? I'm getting ready to do mine and would like some info on how you did yours.

4. mark53

mark53 Member

I just finished installing a Comaro clip on my 53, I took 2 inches out of the center of the frame to make the old and the new line up better. I cut the two frames and inserted the 53 frame about 10 inches into the Comaro, and then welded it. Then I trimmed the two frames to match, then I took .125 x 6 inch stock and boxed the whole frame in. It looks allmost like factory now. I made the boxed pieces out of cardboard first then cut them out of steel, after welding I ground off all the excess weld, then I ground the corners round. Im very happy with my results, Ive seen poeple weld the Comaro frame to the bottom of there old, I wanted mine to look clean for show. If anyone would like pictures I can see if i can figure out how to download them, I will have the body back off this weekend.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006