Pin stripes measurements

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 49_flat, Apr 14, 2006.

1. 49_flat

49_flat Member

Does anybody know what the measurements for the pinstripes around the belt line is. How far from the bottom of the line the distance betwwen the stripes etc.
    Thanks
    Jerry

2. Brian

Brian Member

First off, let me say, there was only one pinstripe around the beltline of the cab. Also, the pinstripes on these old trucks were hand painted, so they varied in size and position from truck to truck. Even varied on the same truck! But I have looked at a lot of original old trucks and measured the pinstripes, and I find generally the bottom of the cab strip was 1/4 inch above the lower crease of the beltline. Which makes the stripe just touch the bas of the wiper stanchion. Some guys say the stripe is in line with the wiper stanchion, but I disagree. And the stripe itself was 1/4 inch wide.

3. 49_flat

49_flat Member

Thanks for the help Brain
    I have pictures of the orginal stripe but have lost the actaull measurement, From the picture it look like it inline with the wiper stantion.
    Thanks again for the help
    Jerry

4. Brian

Brian Member

Like I said, there was lots of variance, and it is just my opinion of originality. These stripes were handpainted, so placement depended on who was doing the painting. Probably varied with the factory also. I am in the midwest, and probably see mostly trucks made in St Louis and Kansas City. If you live on one of the coasts your truck is probably from around there.