Greetings & Engine Mount Question

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by mikes51, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mikes51

mikes51 Member

Greetings from Albuquerque,

I've been lurking in the shadows for almost a year. Thank you all for the informative postings! I'm currently building a '51 3100. The frame came home from the powder coaters last week. Just unloaded my "fresh" 235. The engine builder swore by the hyd. lifters, so in they went(sorry Nate). I'm putting a T-5 in behind her, so I have a spare 4 speed if anyone is looking for one. Going to use a 12 bolt rear, so I have a spare torque tube rear too.

The BIG question is....Anyone know a p/n or where I can get a set of rear engine mounts for a bell housing with a 45 degree mount angle instead of the usual 90 degree mount face. It came with a 10" clutch and a 4 speed, so who knows what the P.O.s have done over the past 50 years....

I hope everyone has a safe & happy Easter!

Mike

2. ltcmikem

ltcmikem Member

RE: No help, but WELCOME

Hi Mike -

I can't help with your question, but I did want to welcome you to the forum. I did two tours of duty at Kirtland AFB and logged a total of eight years in Albuquerque... GREAT town!! Have fun with your '51.

Mike M
    '27 Chevy
    '41 John Deere B
    '49 GMC FC-150

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

RE: Motor Mounts

Go to NAPA or other good FLAPS and ask to see the DOAN catalog (brand of motor mounts) as they always have a " Buyers Guide " in the back the illustrates the various mounts and I bet you could pick the ones you need out from the pictures...

-Nate

4. Thunder54

Thunder54 Member

RE: Greetings & Engine Mount Questi

Mike,

Assume your 4 speed is a Muncie SM420? The tranny with the good granny gear in first?

I am looking for a speedometer gear and u joint yolk from a stock 4 speed. I would also like to have any good useable u joint you may have leftover for the torque tube drive.

Are you willing to part the tranny out?

I have a good friend who converted his 38 Ford flathead PU to a t5, he really likes it behind his 8BA.

Thunder54