My first post - Looking for C20 Longbed Stepside reference pictures

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by lintbrush, Jul 6, 2007.

1. lintbrush

lintbrush Member

I've been searching the Internet for pictures of other C20 longbed stepsides and have not been successful. I have a 1964 that's pretty much all original. It does appear that the previous owner had installed some big towing mirrors, unless those were options back in 64. Speaking of mirrors, this is likely a newbie question, but I assume many of these trucks were sold with no interior rear view mirrors? Mine doesn't have one nor are there any holes indicating there ever was one.

2. Nefarious79

Nefarious79 Member

3. 283 man

283 man Member

Good looking 4x4.:)

4. aimless

aimless Member

The pics above are a good representation. As for the rear view mirror, I'm not sure. My '65 had a stock mirror in it when I got it. But you've got a C20, a ginuine workhorse (just like 3/4 tons of today come off the lot beefier than their 1/2 brothers.) I am assuming that because of your truck size and side view mirrors (whether they be installed or factory) yours has done a lot of towing or hauling something big, like a camper. In that case, it wouldn't have needed a rear view mirror anyway.

5. lintbrush

lintbrush Member

Good point aimless and thanks for the pics of your 4x4 Techtravis. I ordered the Accesory catalog from 1964 and all the trucks in the pictures don't have rearview mirrors, but some of the pictures are sketches. Anyways, here's a pic of my C20:

[​IMG]

6. aimless

aimless Member

Wow! She's in great shape!!

7. 283 man

283 man Member

good looking c-20:rolleyes: lookes like brand new truck you just bought off the lot.

8. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Member

3 years later!

let's bump this thread lol..

i have a 1964 fleetside LB but as yu can see the mirrors are trucker mirrors too. the truck doors have the 3 hole pattern where the stick mirror would screw in. they were under some bondo and i could see the crack.

this is a C20 4 spd granny, 292 I6, frame mount tlr pkg w/electric brakes. the brake can under the dash is metal too, which would lead me to believe the system was pre 1980

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  9. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Member

hey! i found the upload button this time! LOL

Attached Files:

10. markeb01

markeb01 Member

11. clyde65

clyde65 Member

Here is a pic of my dad's 64 C20 CC

Yes I said CrewCab

Attached Files:

12. michel

michel Member

1966 longbed stepside from holland

Hello y am a owner of a chevy longbed stepside and y live in holland ,when you like y wil send pictures greetz michel