Engine Faulters

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by janczak1, Jul 10, 2007.

1. janczak1

janczak1 Member

Ok, heres the problem..i got a newly rblt 350, with a 4 barrel carb on top of it...
    the truck ran like a champ up till the other day...
    heres the problem...when you dump as much gas on it as possible, from a dead stop or on the move, the truck engine acts like its gone dead, and when you let go...then you can drive again...it runs good, and drives good, its just when you slam on that pedal for real quick acceleration or if you want to peal out, it just acts like its been strangled and all power shuts down, but it stays on...so weird... i changed the filter between the pump and carb, it had no blockage, but i put a new one just in case...

i took off the air cleaner, and yanked the throttle really hard..seems gas is trickling in the two foreward chambers, but i didnt notice any gas coming out of the tubes in the back barrels...hmmm

i dont know jack about carbs, somone please help!!:eek:

2. Zig

Zig Member

Common problem/ easy fix...

Go to 1947-1954, find vwnate1, send him a PM, he'll set you straight. Just for fun, it sounds like the secondaries aren't doing what they're supposed to do.

Nate will set you straight. Sorry you went this long without help!

3. drabo

drabo Member

Check timing