Removing Fenders

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Just Learning, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Just Learning

Just Learning Member

Hey guys,
    Getting closer to time to paint the 52 3/4 ton truck

I want to remove the front fenders, which has gone quite well up to where they seem to attach to the front grill. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to detach the grill, or the fenders from the grill.

Any great ideas???!

Thanks, in advance.

Eric

2. 52chevyga

52chevyga Member

I actually just got done removing the 2 front fenders and grille.. and boy am I glad I'm done!

I removed the grille before I removed the front fenders. Under the truck, you'll see the bolts on each side of the grille that you'll need to remove. I thought this was it but it wouldn't come off. Then I found 2 hidden bolts on each side of the grille. They are VERY hard to get to and its hard to explain where they are. Look towards the top>left and top>right of the grille, just above the parklamps. Behind one of the pieces of the grille, you'll see 2 hidden bolts on each side. You really can't see them.. you have to feel for them.. it took me about 45 minutes to get 4 bolts off.

Then after this, if you have all of the fender bolts (all of which you can see underneith the truck), you need to lift up and pull on the fender in order for it to come off.. its on there pretty good so you have to give it a good nudge. Let me know how this works for ya..