FENDER SPEARS??

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Pecez_Leftova, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Pecez_Leftova

Pecez_Leftova Member

Hey good ole forumn,
    Well, I've been collecting all sorts of odds n ends and options for this truck of mine. I remember about a year back a guy posted a picture of his truck with original fender spears, the style found on the old diliveries. I think someone mentioned that there was a reproduction of these spears now or in the near future. I haven't found nor heard of this and wondering if anyone had some information, as not to many of us hard working Chev lovin folk can afford an original set. Thanks in advance. Ryan

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

RE: FENDER SPEARS

Yup ; they sure do look great , esp. on darker colored trucks .

The problem is this : the guy who has them made is a goofball who don't really want anyone else to have them so he gets over $1,000.00 for a set unless you're a buddy of his , sadly he's a racist too so if you're not Mexican , no price breaks .

I know they're being made right here in Sunny So. Cal. so good luck hunting the source ! .

-Nate

3. Pecez_Leftova

Pecez_Leftova Member

uhhh... thank's Nate. That's really kinda of a damper seein all that I'm a white boy. But I'll keep a chin up and if i can't find nothin', I guess I'll make my own set outta...um, well, I guess i'll just have to live with plain Jane fenders. I can't imagine forkin out 1000 smackers for repops. It couldn't possibly cost them more than 100 bucks to crank out a set in labor and supplies and to charge that much??? Any ways, thanks for the info Nate..back to the junk yards far, far away. There sure aren't any of those around here in sunny So Cal, uh? Thanks again, Ryan

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

They used to be fairly plentiful in the scrapyards back when I didn;t need them as I was driving a '46 then .

The delivered cost from the manufacturer is about $20.00 per _SET_ .

It's tough cookies for us I guess .

I've been looking for a set for a while now , will find some scratched ./ dented ones , repair & polish and install when I do .

Good luck hunting ! .

-Nate

5. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Ok guys I am pretty ignorant to what it is you are talking about here.
    Anyone have a pic to clarify?

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Boy ifn I did I be just too happy to show 'em off ! .

Go to yahoo and typ in " De Luxe Panel " and you should get a whole buncha pictures to wade through , many panel trucks came with these

I guess I shoulda bought that one owner , rust free DeLuxe '53 3100 panel they offered me for $500.00 , it had the normal tranny failure when the pin slipped out of the cluster gear shaft , I just didn't think it worh it ~ who'da thunk just the stainless trims would be worth so much now ? it had radio , heater and passenger side jump seat too ~ all fairly uncommon in a So. Cal. plumber's truck .

-Nate