napco

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by sparky59, Dec 27, 2007.

1. sparky59

sparky59 Member

I hope there is some help out there. I am looking to convert my 2wd 59 apache to napco 4x4. I have been on a variety of websites, but I can not seem to find the parts in the Northeast. Everything seems to be in the south or the west coast. Are there any rigs for sale as parts or full rigs local to Massachusetts? I am stalled with this project until something becomes available.
    I also need the side trim for a short bed fleet side box. I have the very back piece but not the strips that form the arrow.
    thanks and have a great new year!
    sparky:)

2. Sledge Hammer

Sledge Hammer Member

What town in Mass?

Sledge

3. Sledge Hammer

Sledge Hammer Member

Where in Mass? I lived in Truro as a kid. About 20years ago, I left all of the running gear for a 57 4x4 and other miscellaneous truck stuff, doors etc. in the woods behind my house. Mom thought the house looked like a junk yard so I moved it all into the woods. I doubt it is any good anymore if it is still there, but I've often thought of going back to see. It was in pretty bad shape when I left it, but you never know. One man's junk is another man's treasure. If you are on the Cape it might be worth the trip just for fun.

Sledge

4. sparky59

sparky59 Member

Sledge, How funny is that. I live in happy Hopedale - in metro west, we vacation in west dennis every summer. Does mom still live out there or would checking it out be a case of trespassing? Truro is pretty far out, but not out of the question- axles are pretty heavy duty, so unless it was buried in the ground, it may still have life in it. I just got my hands on a 4 speed/transfer case, so I am a front axle and drive shafts away from making my dream truck come together. Let me know and it might be fun to check it out - thanks for the response!

5. 55-59 TruckNut

55-59 TruckNut Member

NAPCO help?

Sparky.... If you need some technical help and or replacement parts my best buddy Doug is a NAPCO techie, he lives in Utah (near Ogden) :( but if you need some parts or advice when you get started on the NAPPY let me know, and I will tell you how to get in touch with Doug.

55-59 TruckNut :D

6. sparky59

sparky59 Member

That is an excellent offer -thank you - I will certainly keep you updated on the progress of this truck. It won't be a show truck, but I am just happy to have what I got. Have a great weekend -we are house bound with the cold right now here in new england. -man I hate the cold!

7. Sledge Hammer

Sledge Hammer Member

Sparky,

Although the family doesn't live in the same house, they do live nearby. I go home to visit my family in Eastham and Truro from time to time. Next time I am there I will check out the treasure and let you know if it worth the trip.

Sledge