Winshieldchannel

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by 86Brat, Dec 31, 2007.

1. 86Brat

86Brat Member

I need to replace the metal upper windshield track or channel (where the rubber windshield gasket fits into) on my 58 Apache.........mine is rusted through...anyone have any idea where I can order one.......

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Maybe Mar-K (the repop bed people) but I'm betting you'll need to cut one out of a junker cab .

BTW : this part is called the " Pinchweld " .

3. 86Brat

86Brat Member

ok.......thanks for the reply........I don't think Mar-k has........guess there's no easy way around it...............

4. 55-59 TruckNut

55-59 TruckNut Member

That panel will be coming out someday!

You guessed it -- you are not going to find that panel YET!

But I am sure it will be available soon by way of DII. (Dynacorn International, Inc.) Perhaps about July 2009.

Especially since DII displayed their latest reproduction at the SEMA show this year in Las Vegas.

Yes, I said it right-- they now build a FULL Steel 55-59 Big Window Cab !!! But since you are probably not ready to plunk down $4,000.00 plus shipping and handling, you will want any alternative correct?

Well, I still have lots of cabs I am parting out.... Should you want to try and master the removal and replacement of the upper windshield "Top Filler Panel" (GM part #3711933) I probably could provide the section you need?

Yikes! I see that the factory manual calls for 27 spot welds at that lip... Boy that is a lot of holes to drill!

At least Dynacorn does sell the inner roof panel in case that is rusted through as well...? Most times if the lip has bad cancer, then the inner panel does too...?

It just might be easier to cut the roof off and get a nice rust free one from my buddy Doug in Utah. ??? :rolleyes:

If I can help, send me a private message....

55-59 TruckNut :cool: