Looking for a 60-66 shortstep bed!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by crosson24, Dec 27, 2007.

1. crosson24

crosson24 Member

Hey im looking for a chevy bed that will fit my 66 chevy c10!!! Im looking for a bed that is very much rust free!!! Thanks. Andrew!!!

2. billydonn

billydonn Member

Since you have a 66, you will need a 63-66 bed I think. (Frame widths were different 60-62.) Good complete beds are getting very hard to come by...but you can buy all the parts new if necessary.

3. joe231

joe231 Member

hey crosson24, where are you located?
    you can use a 55 (i think) to 66 bed just have to change the cross-sills and the rear sill if it is a 62 or older.

4. 283 man

283 man Member

Shortbed fleetside beds are the hardest to find ,check on e-bay some times they have good dells on there with whole trucks for sale cheap.check on this site too parts for sale also whole trucks for sale www.oldride.com.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  5. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

There Not Hard To Find In Oregon, For Some Reason Stepsides Is All You Can Find Around Here. I Got Very Lucky And Found A Fleetside Which Is Very Rare Around Here.

6. joe231

joe231 Member

seems to be confusion, crosson24 is looking for a step-side. Step-sides are plentiful around Oklahoma and you can buy complete beds new from several manufactures, all it takes is lots o' money, unlike the fleet beds.

7. crosson24

crosson24 Member

Alright thanks for all of yourguys input!!! And hope you had a great christmas :)!!!!!!!!!!

8. billydonn

billydonn Member

Yes you are right: beds and fenders 55-66 are all basically the same.. but as you say the cross sills (and wood) differ depending on frame configuration. So he needs most any bed parts but must have 63-66 mounting gear and wood.

If good complete stepside beds are growing on trees in Oklahoma, I'm headed down! :D

9. crosson24

crosson24 Member

Im located in IronMountain Michigan... about 1.5 Hours away from GreenBay!!!

10. 283 man

283 man Member

thats way up north!!!:rolleyes:.

11. joe231

joe231 Member

Come on down billydonn, there are 60-66 Chevys and GMCs all over the place. I see more and more the more I travel around. Lots of long wide beds, but plenty of short steps also, the hard ones to find are the short wides.

12. billydonn

billydonn Member

GMC Grill

I have family down in Bristow that I need to visit, so you never know. I like the GMC grill, by the way. I assume that is kind of an "accidental" accessory? Or did you do it? Been thinking of doing that myself as I have a good GMC grill.

13. joe231

joe231 Member

It was what my father-in-law liked, he talked about taking the GMC off and putting a custom REB on it for rebel, he built the truck with at least 3 parts trucks and one of them was a GMC. I personally prefer the 64-66 Chevy grills. To each his own.