Lookie what I found

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 50 Jimmy, Dec 16, 2007.

1. 50 Jimmy

50 Jimmy Member

After assuning all the ADs in this area were picked clean I met this guy this morning.Most all the rigs had engines too! Nice guy , fair prices too!!!!!!
    This is a third of the pics I took.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Brings a tear to my eye. Where did you say these were located? I can't find anything like that around East Tennessee.
    Gater

3. 1952Bowtie

1952Bowtie Member

Nice find!

Very cool! Looks like lots of fun!

Bob

4. 50 Jimmy

50 Jimmy Member

Just outside Ontario, Oregon about a half hour drive from Nampa, Idaho.
    The one picture I didnt post is a flat bed truck STACKED with everything from carbs to fender supports.:eek::eek:

Brad

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Wow! Most awesome!

6. rfeldes

rfeldes Member

Makes my pants tight........ such beauties.

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Boing !!

SWEEEET ! :)

Looks like more than one " builder " in there too ~ you should try to hook up a Hot Rodder with the one containing a small block Chevy engine in it , the engineering's all been done .

8. Chiro

Chiro Member

Jealous!!!

Here on Long Island, there isn't a bone yard that has anything older than mid-80's stuff. A couple of really small purists may have a few things, but certainly not the group of AD's that you put on here. I would have a field day in that yard picking all kinds of parts that I can even see in the pictures, FUGHEDABOUT all the things I can't see but need.

A couple of things that I can see that are in good shape that I could pick up are:

running boards
    splash aprons
    heater control valve
    headlight buckets and trim
    Inner fenders
    fenders...
    ...I could go on and on and would have my suburban loaded to the gills with parts if only a place like that even existed anywhere near me.

Andy

9. billybones

billybones Member

OH MY GOSH!!! Those are considered almost mint to a guy from the 'rust belt'..!!!!

I don't see a rust hole in ANY of them..............to ME, I don't even SEE rust............those would be cake (WITH icing) for any Northeastern bodyman...........

sportin a woodie......

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

You'd Be SHOCKED

..At all the rust free cabs and etc. still being crushed in the SouthWest , I've tried and tried to get East Coasters to take it , even for FREE but nobody wants it... :(

11. billybones

billybones Member

no........no....say it ain't so.......:(

the crushers must be idiots!!!!! I used to scrap cars here all day long but I saved everything old........everything, mouldings, hubcaps, radios, glass, drivelines..........

I even just about blow a gasket when they wreck old stuff in hollywood too.....IDIOTS!!!!

12. Zig

Zig Member

That's an image that stuck in my mind. It was back about 19and82. My (first) wife and I were heading across the lower SW. (on our way to Vandenberg AFB) I passed a yard that must have been a mile long by a 1/4 mile deep that was NOTHING but old metal. (late 30s, 40s,50s...) I had to find a church and pray!
    Wouldn't it be great if an AD lover could win a big lotto? They could by some desert SW, all the old bods, and then sell them to us for shipping fees.

????

13. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Funny Thing You Should Mention That....

The very first time I came to California in 1969 , I came in across the desert by car (truck really) and I was flabbergasted to see HUGE piles of old 1940's & 1950's cars , over 20' high , that went on for miles ~ perfectly good , rust free vintage tin , all piled up and waiting it's turn in the shredder thence to be loaded onto open railroad cars and taken to the docks for shipping to Japan.... :eek:

In my young mind I couldn't understand WHY anyone would throw away these good cars..... :confused: :(

Sad is what it was .

14. Chiro

Chiro Member

Anybody know how to search out yards like this? I would love to find some vintage tin yards within a couple/three hours drive time. Get up early, take a drive with the kids and some tools, pull some parts and go back home happy.

Andy

15. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Attn : 50 Gmc

Please check your PM's .

TIA ,

16. billybones

billybones Member

They recently crushed an old yard 10 minutes from my house . It was owned by an old gent who closed it in the early 70's but still had it all there. If he liked you, you could stop in and buy stuff. His wife would cut the grass between all the cars and it was really cooool.

I had 1964 Olds Dynamic that had a huge posi rearend in it and I needed a new axle for it. They only used this rear for 2 years.......an oddball. I stopped in and he pulled out an old marble notebook from the 50's and looked and said ...."yup, got one over next to the fence, bought it in 1969". Sure enuff........it was there!!!

Well, he passed away and they crushed it all and I just want to throw up every time I drive by. My wife says "but look, it looks so nice there now".........and I say "no, that's a crime scene and it looks like crap!"

17. Jaybird3

Jaybird3 Member

Hi guys Im the owner of this bunch trucks if you need something let me know Ill get you a quote as i mentioned to Brad Im not much into pulling parts in Jan but i have a lot loose stuff so may have it laying around I have a I believe AD series Optional windshield washer bottle with 2 different caps soon as iget the application pinned down it will probably be ebayed If you look at that first picture there is a set of running lights with glass lenses Im looking for a fourth gonna use Them as running lights on my 1949 Vagabond trailer im restoring i think If you have one laying around let me know Ill trade you for something you need Im in Eastern Ore so if in your travels you get buy this way come take a looksie lots parts Got few 5 window cabs left and few Task force series Big back window cabs and lota Doors hoods etc Ill post my Cell# against my better judgment I have run short minutes last two months do to Craigslist and forums like this lol
    Ph 1-208-409-3213 no calls after 10pm mountain please

18. LOUDEMRILK64

LOUDEMRILK64 Member

I need some door hinges for a 48 chevy truck

19. Chopt48

Chopt48 Member

Those look like the remains of a fleet of farm vehicles. There were a couple of hop farms here in the valley that ran fleets of A-D trucks in the hop harvest for years. They are running later model bob tail one tons now and I haven't seen any of the A-D trucks in a while.

20. Young C10

Young C10 Member

Wow

That man is sitting on a gold mine! How I wish I could find something like that!! :p