what size wheel offset on a 65 stepside

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by stevemd65, Jan 16, 2008.

1. stevemd65

stevemd65 Member

what size offset wheels can I put on a 65 stepside. I want to order ralley wheels from coys wheels, and I need to know what size is the largest and offset so I can tuck them under the wheel wells. thanks. My truck is also on air ride suspension. thanks

2. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

http://www.wheelvintiques.com/

check out this site, they have a graph you can print out and use to measure the room you have under your truck, i used it to configure my wheels and it worked great. youll be able to figure out your offset this way.

3. 283 man

283 man Member

good website on wheels nice slections!!:)

4. billydonn

billydonn Member

What will fit?

Keep in mind that there is always some risk in 'ordering out' a set of wheels instead of getting them locally where you can try one on, so to speak. That said, I would say 265 tire on 8" wide rim with 4" backspace is near the max for a lowered stepside with the inside rear fender lips nipped or rolled. The amount of lowering is a factor.

Here are a couple of pics... a smaller wheel/tire is on front of this truck. The rear is the combination I mentioned and it is a close fit on inside and outside. I believe a 10" wide rim can fit, but you are still going to be limited by the tire width.

Attached Files: