Converting 1964 C10 to 5 lug?

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by fldeaton, Feb 8, 2008.

1. fldeaton

fldeaton Member

I want to convert my 64 C10 with coil spring rear from 6 lug to 5 lug. Any ideas on the best way to do this?

2. 283 man

283 man Member

welcome to forum:)If you could find a early 70s model chevy at a bone yard that would be a good way with used parts and a cheaper way,Im all about saving money cause I never have enough:D.

3. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

The common way for the front is to buy a disk conversion kit. The best around is by Early Classic Ent, http://www.earlyclassic.com , or do a crossmember and front suspension swap from a later moder C10. ( 1972 - 1980's).

For the rear, Early Classic has a rear conversion that consistes of new axles and seals. You could also swap in the rear from a coil spring C10 of a later year. ( 1972 )

Take note that both front and rear swaps and kits, except for the ECE rear axle conversion, will push the wheels out 3/4 of an inch on each side. This is only a problem if wheel clearance is tight now. But, if you are contemplating going to 5 lug, the reason is probably to use new wheels anyway.

Val

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  4. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

Im In Total Agreement With Dvalintine, Thats What I Did, Except I Swapped My Rear Axle For A Later 12 Bolt With 5 Lug.

5. billydonn

billydonn Member

rear axles

You can just swap the rear axles and avoid the 3/4 inch width issue:

http://www.tomsdifferentials.com/catalog.asp?pg=10

and then you have new axles!